The Family Advisory Service is a Community Interest Company that aims to promote a positive and inclusive future for families in Sunderland by offering a holistic, innovative service that will help to support and promote family ties.
We are here to provide family focussed support initiatives to those who may have family concerns or issues as and when they need it.
- Guidance for clients who have limited or no financial resources through the family court process from mediation to the completion and submitting of court papers, and provide support for family court hearings.
- Providing advocacy, signposting and/or accompanying clients to relevant support networks to improve family conflict, concerns about children, financial issues, housing concerns, physical, mental and emotional well-being, isolation and hardship.
- Engaging, listening and building relationships with adults/families of all ages, genders and backgrounds to reduce conflict and improve emotional well-being and self-care within the family environment.
- Supporting and motivating clients to access online resources to promote digital inclusion.
- Supporting families experiencing domestic violence to access appropriate services.